During COVID-19 cannabis dispensaries have been classified as an essential business and include options for curbside pickup as well as home delivery. Safety precautions must be taken to disinfect cannabis packaging before consumption.
March saw an increase in consumer demand of nearly 34% as consumers stocked up on their supply, Marijuana Business Daily. Likewise, the state of California saw a 20% increase in transactions as well as a 10% order value. Jane Technologies, an online marketplace for marijuana products reports an average store order revenue increase of 52-130% since January.
Safety Precautions for Cannabis Dispensaries
Multiple safety precautions have been made to support current social distancing safety measures. These precautions include:
- Protective gear that is worn by workers including gloves & face masks
- Constant & consistent hard surface disinfecting with chemical cleaners
- The social distancing of at least 6 feet between all working personnel
- Employee thermal checks
- No touch ID verification with customers
How to Disinfect Cannabis Packaging
Although there are strict guidelines and safety precautions in place, there is still a possibility for the virus to be spread from asymptomatic carriers. It is important to take additional measures of disinfecting packaging upon pickup or delivery.
The virus can live on the outer packaging for up to two days. The ideal safety measure would be to isolate the cannabis product for 48 hours. If this is not an option, the outer packaging will need to be disinfected with the following steps:
- Place the product in an isolated location on a hard surface taking caution not to touch anything with it or your hands
- Using an EPA approved cleaner, wipe down the entire outer packaging including the surface area the package was placed on
- Do not use soap and water for this, it could damage the product
- Use a 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer or wash hands thoroughly
Giving Back to First Responders & Healthcare Providers
It is believed that taking CBD daily may ease added stress and improve sleep —qualities that put it in high demand during this time, especially for those who are being leaned on the most. While Full-Spectrum CBD contains trace amounts of THC, CBD isolate has no THC it is a safe alternative for first responders & healthcare providers working on the front lines of COVID-19.
BeLeaf, St. Louis based company is excited to announce a new program to support healthcare workers and first responders in the local community. They are leveraging their high-quality isolate CBD brand, Modifi, and offering ALL medical professionals a complimentary bottle to help soothe those working tirelessly to prevent the spread of COVID-19. While supplies last, they have set aside $90,000 worth of product to donate for this cause. Learn more >>
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.